The Better Energy Homes scheme was re-launched on 10th March 2015.
There are three key changes:
- The minimum grant requirement of €400 has been removed.
- A new bonus of €300 is payable on the third and €100 on fourth Energy Efficiency Measures – see table below.
- Revised grant amounts for Energy Efficiency Measures – see table below.
Some of the qualifying criteria for grant:
- Your Home must be Built before 2006
- Contractor must be SEAI approved
- Manufacturers/products must be SEAI approved
- You must have a BER
Below is a list of guides explaining the measures covered under the Better Energy Homes scheme. These documents are available to download in PDF format by clicking on each title.
- Ceiling Level Roof Insulation Information.pdf (size 265.7 KB)
- Rafter Level Roof Insulation Information.pdf (size 176.6 KB)
- Wall Insulation Information.pdf (size 193.3 KB)
- Heating Controls Information.pdf (size 141 KB)
- High Efficiency Boiler Information.pdf (size 75.1 KB)
- Solar Hot Water Heating Information.pdf (size 89.4 KB)
Each of the above documents contains information on the benefits of installing these measure as well as questions to help you choose the right product/installer for you.